The Greater Good Science Center (GGSC) at the University of California, Berkeley is pleased to announce a request for proposals
(RFP) to help parents nurture generosity, gratitude, forgiveness, and related "prosocial" skills in themselves and their children.
With funding from the John Templeton Foundation, the GGSC is offering awards between $25,000 to $150,000 to organizations that serve parents, particularly education programs run through schools, houses of worship, community centers, or other community-based organizations. The programs must develop or expand innovative ways to educate parents on the research-based keys to guiding children toward choices that place the long-term good of their communities ahead of their immediate self-interest.
- October 2, 2017: Application window opens
- December 11, 2017: Applications due
- February 1, 2018: Application review process completed, grantees notified
- April 1, 2018: Project period begins
- March 31, 2020: Project period ends