Do you know an adult learner who meets the following criteria? The nominee:
- is an adult with significant life responsibilities, such as those related to employment.
- has made positive contributions to the community as an adult education student and/or as a community member.
- has established and met life goals as a result of attending an adult education program.
- has improved the life situation of self/others as a result of learning experiences.
- has overcome difficult circumstances in order to pursue adult learning experiences.
Please consider nominating a deserving adult education learner for the California Adult Education Students Succeed Program, who will be honored at ACSA’s Leadership Summit in November. OTAN will produce a video that tells the learner’s story and highlights his or her accomplishments. In addition, OTAN will cover the cost of travel to the Leadership Summit in San Diego for the learner and the nominator, as well as tickets to the luncheon where the Students Succeed event will take place. This is also a wonderful opportunity to highlight the great work going on at your adult education agency. The Nomination Form is online. On the website, click the Nomination tab at the top of the page. The deadline to submit is Tuesday, May 1, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Anthony Burik at (916) 228-2357 or email@example.com.