Don’t miss out on this popular event, tickets are selling fast! Only 63 tickets available.
The conference will be held on Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. till 2:30 p.m. in the heated, newly refurbished assembly hall at Berkeley Adult School, 1701 San Pablo Ave., in Berkeley, California. Continental breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m.
REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE
Registration is now open for the 2017 Bay Section Winter Conference and Excellence Awards. Registration includes admittance to every single session, panel discussions, access to the exhibit hall, continental breakfast, and lunch. Register before or on March 1, 2017 to take advantage of the Early Registration rate of:
- $50 CCAE Member
- $60 Non CCAE Member
- $25 Presenters
- No charge—Adult Education Student
- No charge—Award Honoree
All events and times are subject to change—check back regularly for the latest schedule and details about conference events.
Registration, Continental Breakfast, Visit Vendors
CCAE Bay Section President's Welcome
Tim Doyle, Bay Section President
Chris Nelson, Adult Education Administrator
Advocacy-A Panel Discussion
Joanne Durkee, Dr. Bob Harper, and Vittoria Abbate-Maghsoudi
Session I Workshops
Session II Workshops
Bay Section Awards Ceremony
-Excellence in Teaching
-Excellence in Support Services
50/50 Opportunity Drawing and Prizes
Session III Workshops
Submit Conference Evaluations
8:30 a.m.–9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m.–9:50 a.m.
10:00 a.m.–10:55 a.m.
11:00 a.m.–11:55 a.m.
12:00 p.m.–1:20 p.m.
1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m.–2:45 p.m.
- AEBG Technical Assistance and Professional Development Plan
- The ALLIES and SBCAE Immigrant Integration Framework - An innovative approach to supporting adult education’s mission of integrating new Americans
- Beyond the Adult School: Specific Skills Classes to Prepare for Transition
- Great Class Tech Tools to Use Tomorrow
- How to Effectively Teach ESL Students Technology, Soft Skills, and English in One Course
- Motivating the Adult Learner: Set Goals (The Secret Sauce to Success) Brain Changers – Harnessing the Power of Educational Psychology
- NEDP: Performance Based High School Program
- Self-Development Practice for Educators
- A Spotlight on South San Francisco Using the Burlington English Blended Curriculum
- So You Want to Teach Online?
- Student Leadership Opens the Door to Immigrant Integration
- Teach Job Readiness Skills with a Tablet
- Technology in the Adult Education Classroom
- Transition Integration Framework (TIF): Skills to Help Students Transition from Adult School
The California Council for Adult Education is honored to have the following exhibitors at our Bay Section Winter Conference and Excellence Awards on Saturday, March 4, 2017. Be sure to visit the following exhibitors to learn more about their products and services.